b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ruth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry" <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ruth
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:56:07 -0400

Speaking of Ruth, some of you may have known or know of Alan Groves. His widow, Libby, will be performing Ruth as an oral dramatic presentation at our little school next week. She will be reciting the English text from memory. I am responsible for preparing the students for this event, and plan to talk about how in ancient times the majority of people would have heard rather than read the text. Any insights or thoughts on how particularly this might have taken in place in the ANE context?

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry