b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 34:8 consorting with the hapiru

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 34:8 consorting with the hapiru
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 23:02:06 +0300

In a nutshell the whole lot. Genesis is the accurate history of how Yhwh's
people ended up in Egypt. It is the preamble to the Exodus. I don't think
you could find anything more fundamental to the Jewish religion than the
passover. But you aren't even willing to engage in discussion about the
Exodus.

You yourself seem to agree that the Amarna letters describe a period before
a nation of Israel (the view I find most inviting at the moment). So where
did the kingdom of Israel come from? Where did the Israelites come from? All
of these questions are sastifactorily answered with the Torah read in
context. Your Dan Brown style analysis answers none of these questions and
brings nothing of benefit to our understanding.

My suggestion to you is to stop composing essay length emails that repeat
the same points over and over again and deal with things in bite size
chunks. You need to come up with at least some sensible theory of the
beginnings of the nation of Israel and an origin of the passover festival
before your theories can even begin to have a basis. But you don't seem to
be willing to do any of this. You just keep repeating the same things over
and over and over again no matter how many times your lines of evidence are
debunked.

In fact, now we're on the subject Genesis 14 shows strong signs of being
older in composition than the Amarna letters because of its reference to
Melchizedek the King of Salem. Salem is evidently an older name for
Jerusalem and yet in the Amarna letters we see the newer urusalem. For your
theory to be right you would then have to postulate that AbdiHeba was
Melchizedek the King of Salem that came out to Abraham and to whom Abraham
paid tithes.

James Christian