b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Looking for a good travel pocket edition of the pentateuch

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Thomas Baruchel <baruchel AT gmx.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Looking for a good travel pocket edition of the pentateuch
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 15:12:58 +0100

Le dimanche 07 mars 2010 à 14:52 +0100, Thomas Baruchel a écrit :
> I would like to have a good travel-edition of some books of Tanach that
> could fit in a pocket (or almost). I thought that it would be very easy
> to find something of that kind by browsing the web, but it happened to
> be more difficult than what I thought. You can find small editions of
> the whole Tanach, but of course it is still something very heavy and
> probably written very small. You can find many editions of the psalms,
> but I would rather like to have prose; for that reason the five initial
> books in one volume (or even in five separate volumes) would probably be
> the best. I finally managed to find such things but I would like to be
> sure that the typeface is clear (and not too small), that the vowel
> points are here, etc. and most often there is not much info on the web
> sites. I enjoy very much good typography (modern rather than traditional
> but quality is much more important to); it can make the difference in my
> choice. Do you have hints?

Replying myself... What about
http://www.amazon.com/Koren-Classic-Shabbat-Chumash-Ashkenaz/dp/9653010603
http://www.amazon.com/Koren-Classic-Shabbat-Chumash-Prayers/dp/9653010611/

and if this is a good choice, which one should I choose (one is the
sephard version, the other one the ashkenaz, but it doesn't make a great
difference to me; would it be some differences in a practical point of
view?)

Regards,

--
Thomas Baruchel