b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Looking for a good travel pocket edition of the pentateuch

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Thomas Baruchel <baruchel AT gmx.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Looking for a good travel pocket edition of the pentateuch
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 14:52:38 +0100

Hi,

I would like to have a good travel-edition of some books of Tanach that
could fit in a pocket (or almost). I thought that it would be very easy
to find something of that kind by browsing the web, but it happened to
be more difficult than what I thought. You can find small editions of
the whole Tanach, but of course it is still something very heavy and
probably written very small. You can find many editions of the psalms,
but I would rather like to have prose; for that reason the five initial
books in one volume (or even in five separate volumes) would probably be
the best. I finally managed to find such things but I would like to be
sure that the typeface is clear (and not too small), that the vowel
points are here, etc. and most often there is not much info on the web
sites. I enjoy very much good typography (modern rather than traditional
but quality is much more important to); it can make the difference in my
choice. Do you have hints?

--
Thomas Baruchel