b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The King's road: Bezer

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The King's road: Bezer
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 22:40:51 +0200

Hi Jim,

what do you think about Akhenaten being the younger brother of the first
born that died during the Exodus. I find it an inviting thought. His father
gets his butt kicked good style by an only God. His older brother dies
mysterioulsy because of it. And lo and behold all of sudden for the first
time in Egyptian history there is a monotheistic pharoah. Could it be that
what he witnessed happen to his older brother and his father caused him to
start a new monotheistic religion albeit a la egyptziano?

Other parallels I see is the 18th dynasty is well known for having reached
its climax of chariot technology having all the 4 spoke, 6 spoke and 8 spoke
variants. The claims of amateur archeologist that is largely responsible for
the new identification of Sinai in Arabia are that he found 8 spoke chariot
wheels in his proposed red sea crossing point. 8 spoke chariot wheels are
only attested in the 18th dynasty. They were an experiment which was later
abandoned apparenlty they were unpractical.

James Christian