b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Perception influenced the origin of the Hebrew alphabet?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Perception influenced the origin of the Hebrew alphabet?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:52:44 +1100

This will be my last post on this, James.

Hebrew works along a system of roots. It's not so much the number of letters
in the root but rather the fact of the root system itself. As far as I can
see, your theory doesn't seem to account for this, and yet this is the basic
framework on which the language is built. Until you've taken it into account,
you just won't convince me, nor will convince many others on the list, I
suspect.

I appreciate your efforts here, and find your discussion intriguing. But for
me it's missing the lynchpin and, as such, doesn't work.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au