b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aviv and Exodus 9:31

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aviv and Exodus 9:31
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:15:37 +0200

Hi,

interesting! What's the evidence for the Phoenician origin? Does anybody
know what Ziv, Etanim and Bul mean?

Also, I think I agree with Yigal here. We would expect Chronicles, Esther,
Ezra and Nehemiah to be written in Aramaic if Hebrew had been already so
strongly supplanted. An argument based on month names is quite weak.

James Christian