b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] watered ground & forming dust

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Teague" <cosmos AT intergate.com>
  • To: "Gerry Folbre" <gfolbreiii AT gmail.com>, "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] watered ground & forming dust
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:50:43 -0600

Gerry:

Not knowing the finer points of the grammar I can't comment on them. However, as one who has installed irrigation systems on my few acres in east Texas, I can say that this kind of irrigation process is never continuous, nor even uniform (although I may irrigate the entire surface from time to time), and it is desireable for the land to dry out from time to time. If this is the kind of watering Genesis refers to, perhaps this present day example may offer some insight. But then again, the context may not support that this is the kind of watering that is meant.

Steve Teague

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry Folbre" <gfolbreiii AT gmail.com>