b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] regarding Proverbs 5:6

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] regarding Proverbs 5:6
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 10:03:46 -0700

Gerry:

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Gerry Folbre
<gerry AT wetmountainvalley.us>wrote:

> Karl wrote:
>
> “The problem I have with this “translation” is that it does not follow word
>
> for word the Hebrew text. It adds to the text.
>

> I suspect that Karl was referring to the King James Version, and not my
> word-for-word translation of Pr. 5:6.
>
> I would suggest that examining some of the grammatical and lexicographic
> sources now available to us would help clear up some of the confusion
> regarding Pr. 5:6.
>
> Gerry Folbre

You did not make a word for word translation; you just made a list of words
and your interpretation of their meanings without making them into a
meaningful sentence that we can follow. Further, not all of us agree with
your interpretations. It looks as if you have just taken ideas from your
class and plugged them into your answer, some of us even question what you
were taught in your classes.