b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qohelet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Uri Hurwitz" <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qohelet
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:15:02 -0700

Dear George, Uri, et al,

Several times statements have been made that Qohelet is a late book that can
be
deduced from its content alone (last post by Uri); that it is a late book
(George); yet, no evidence has been produced to show that this is so; or "such
as is obvious in the style of Qohelet (Uri). It is NOT so obvious. Please show
the evidence.

If we are discussing on this list the differences between BH and MH and are
using Qohelet as the example, then please let us see the evidence of both
sides
of the debate. He said, You said, does NOT cut it. Please show the chapter and
verse, i.e. the evidence. Please give the examples of MH being found in BH.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III