b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Qohelet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Qohelet
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:37:48 +0300

vayyixtov Rolf
>I have a few comments to your post. But before I give those comments,
I would ask you one question: You speak of WEQATAL as a particular
Mishnaic Hebrew form. What is the meaning/use of Mishnaic WEQATAL?

Mishnaic Hebrew veqatal is 'qatal'.
It does not have a 'we-qatal' that functions complementary with yiqtol,
that is, it does not have what might be seen in Exodus 25-31. Or like
with gen 29:2-3

>I have not read the dissertation of Ohad Cohen. Can you give me the
particulars?>

Ohad Cohen,
מערכת הזמנים של הפועל בעברית המקראית המאוחרת
ma`arexet ha-zmannim shel ha-po`al be`ivrit ha-me'uHeret
Hebrew University, PhD, 2008
PJ 4875
C6358
M2
2008
(it is 'out' of the library for another week and I will be out of country for
a couple of weeks)

heve shalom

--
Randall Buth, PhD