b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dictionary or Concordance or both for Mishnah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <klowery AT grovescenter.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew Forum <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dictionary or Concordance or both for Mishnah
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:00:17 -0400

Olivier Randrianjaka wrote:
> I am looking for a dictionary or concordance for Mishnaic Hebrew, can
> anybody help?

I haven't seen any one else answer this, so I'll jump in:

The most easily available dictionary that includes the Mishnah is Marcus
Jastrow, A Dictionary of the Targumin, the Talmud Babli and Yersuhalmi,
and the Midrashic Literature. It's older and a bit hard to use, but once
you get past that, it is a good place to start. It is in print and also
available on line:

In PDF: Vol 1 http://www.etana.org/abzu/coretext.pl?RC=14906
Vol 2: http://www.etana.org/abzu/coretext.pl?RC=14499

Images in alphabetical (non-searchable) format:
http://www.tyndalearchive.com/TABS/Jastrow/

Hope this helps.

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
--
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD, President
The J. Alan Groves Center for Advanced Biblical Research