b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dictionary or Concordance or both for Mishnah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <klowery AT grovescenter.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew Forum <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dictionary or Concordance or both for Mishnah
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:26:57 -0400

Olivier Randrianjaka wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the PDF version Kirk! Another participant had already
> mentioned this dictionary and as I see it now, it's really helpful. I
> still need a kind of concordance, if anyone can help, it will be great!!

Mishnah isn't my specialty, and the only Mishnah-specific concordance I
know of is:

H. J. Kasovsky, אוצר לשון המשנה, four vols., Frankfurt a. M., 1928
(reprinted Jerusalem, 1960).

There may be better and more recent tools out there. With all the
computer technology I would hope there is an electronic concordance out
there...

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
--
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD, President
The J. Alan Groves Center for Advanced Biblical Research