b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] MLK (LM

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] MLK (LM
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:48:15 -0700

Jim:

You are still showing your ignorance of Biblical Hebrew.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 12:13 PM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> James Christian:
>

> 2.  “Siddim” is an archaic word for “fields”.

Wrong! The plural of fields is SDWT.

SDYM refers to whitewash, the salt crystals left behind when the water
level went down during dry seasons looked like whitewash.

> 3.  No invading rulers would waste their time rampaging through the
> Northern Negev Desert,

Historical sources say it was not a desert then.

> All of the local geography in the Patriarchal narratives always makes
> rational and historical sense.  Why would anyone think otherwise?

Of course it does. Why do you think otherwise? Answer your own question.

> But on this thread, I am trying to concentrate on the linguistic match of
> MLK (LM at Genesis 14: 1, 9 in defective spelling to the unique title of
> kings of Ugarit:
>
> MLK (LM.

There’s a MLK (YLM in Genesis, but no MLK (LM. There is no linguistic
match. How many times do we have to tell you that?

> Jim Stinehart
> Evanston, Illinois

Now you have written three pamphlets in one day. In other words, your
word is worth nothing.