b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] CGN YHWH, C)RZ MZRIM

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] CGN YHWH, C)RZ MZRIM
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 10:42:38 +0100

Quoting K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>:

James:

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 7:10 PM, James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

Yeah,

it's been making me wonder, though. Whether this could be construed in any
way as a hint of the author's perceived location of the Garden of Eden.

No, not when he likens it to Egypt as well.

I suppose it would be more clear if the author had written KGN YHWH WKGN MCRYM.

Do you know of any other passages which follow a similar linguistic structure (i.e. using K... twice but without the W conjunction) that are demonstrably parallel in a limited way yet distinctly physically different as entities geographical or otherwise?

Also, something else it made me think about. It makes the author come
across as somebody familiar with Egypt as a well watered pasture land.

More than a pasture land. Abraham had just been there, at least to the
northern, more fruitful area, and saw what it was like.

Sure.

James Christian

James Christian