b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew calender, years, months, weeks and days

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew calender, years, months, weeks and days
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:59:03 +0100

Ok. I think I get where you got your 30 day month from now. The 150 days that takes us from month 2 day 17 to month 7 day 17, right?

So, I suppose this would imply an intercalary month once every 6 years then, right?

Just out of interest what calendar did the 'Essenes' support? I say 'Essenes' because I heard that a lot of people are now concluding/theorising that these were actually Christians that had fled Jerusalem.

James Christian