b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 18:26 - Y$PW+W

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 18:26 - Y$PW+W
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:02:04 +0200

Thanks, Kirk.

I think there's another example from the siddur. I'll pull it when I
get home. It's in the morning blessing for Torah study, where it says
toraTEcha rather than toratcha, meaning that there's a segol
(lengthened vowel) where we wouldn't expect it. It's only like this in
the Ashkenazi version. I'll give better details when I get home.

Regards,
Jason Hare