b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Iron and Curses in Deuteronomy 28

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Iron and Curses in Deuteronomy 28
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 11:11:26 +0000

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 8:10 PM, K Randolph wrote:

>> Perhaps before Karl accuses me of further "abject ignorance,"
>

> See above. You made a mistake and the correction noted.
>

>> he could reveal
>> what his "online sources" are and which historians hold that Ugaritic was
>> as
>> late as 600 BCE. I also think in general he should tone down his rhetoric
>> and
>> statements, so, for example, he should not accuse a listmember of
>> "misreading
>> the text" when their only fault is not employing Karl's personal
>> non-conventional
>> reading style of the Bible of which all the rest of us are rather tolerant.
>>
>> Yitzhak Sapir
>>

> Uh, Yitzhak, before answering this, I checked every verse that you
> mentioned, found that you gave the wrong numbers for a couple, and read
> meanings into the text that the text cannot support when reading carefully.
> As for the URLs, I already gave them, why should I repeat myself? The same
> with some of the other arguments you repeated?

Karl,

Before answering this you should have taken a deep breath, and asked
yourself, is it possible, in an even remote way, that it is your Bible whose
verse numbers are off for Ex 20:22-23?

Really, your reluctance to provide your sources is your own disadvantage.
But it is your expectation that others provide evidence when you won't
follow through, that other explain their "misreadings" when it is your
reading that should be explained, and in the above paragraph relating to
abject ignorance, your simple failure to say you're sorry that is really
offensive.

Yitzhak Sapir