b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Word pairs in biblical and semitic literatures

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Word pairs in biblical and semitic literatures
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:53:37 +0200

Glad to have an explanation for that. I thought I was losing my mind,
trying to figure out how it would be helpful to translate a set of
Hebrew terms into English as "hendiadys," which had absolutely no
meaning to me! Hendiadys... I still don't think I'll be using that
term very much, but thanks for the explanation anyway.

Thanks,
Jason Hare