b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "the Silver Scrolls"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "the Silver Scrolls"
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:48:41 +1100

> The */silver scrolls /*contain words from _the Book of
> Numbers _and possibly from the Book of Deuteronomy -
> all on material that is /*older*/ than the destruction of
> the First Temple!!

Or: The Book of Numbers contains a blessing from the time of the First
Temple. It's liturgical nature makes it precisely the type of thing which
could survive numerous generations in oral form.

It all depends on the assumptions we take into the investigation: whether we
think the chicken came first or the egg.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au