b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Herald" explained

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Herald" explained
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:13:19 -0500

On 27 Jan 2009 at 16:24, LM Barre wrote:

> I have appeared because Jesus is coming.  I am the forerunner, like John
> the Baptizer.  If you care to accept it, I am John.  John is my
> confirmation name.

Ooooooookay................

> I have basically been without a teacing post and homeless for several years
> due to persecution.

I don't know about the homeless part, but I can say with reasonable certainty
that the lack of
a teaching post is due to a lack of good scholarship. I reviewed one of
Lloyd's books for a
journal several years ago, and I had to conclude that it did not fall within
the realm of what
most would consider "scholarly." The kind of stuff in that book won't get
one a teaching
position.

Dave Washburn