b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:24-27

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:24-27
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:11:19 +1100

Hi Karl!

I won't elaborate in too much detail here, as you'll be able to read the
article online in the very near future. The major assumption which I attack
in the article is that the three periods which make up the 70 weeks are
necessarily sequential such that they necessarily yield 490 years. While it's
a good and logical assumption, I argue that the text does not actually
necessitate it, and that the syntax might suggest another way of configuring
the 70 weeks.

I'll leave you with that cliff-hanger. :)

Regards,
GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au