b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Recommend Dictionary and a Question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Recommend Dictionary and a Question
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:12:35 -0800

On 9 Dec 2008 at 21:55, Bryant J. Williams III wrote:

> Dear Mary,
>
> I would highly recommend (TWOT) ***Theological Wordbook of the Old
> Testament,***
> Edited by R. Laird Harris, Gleason L. Archer, Jr., and Bruce K. Waltke, 2
> Volumes, Chicago: The Moody Bible Institute of Chicago, 1980.
> Dewey Number: 220.4'4'0321
> Library of Congress: BS440.T49
> ISBN: 0-8024-8631-2 (set)

Yes, it's an excellent set. The only problem is, it doesn't include all the
words in biblical
Hebrew so it's more of an exegetical dictionary than a reading one. I can
also recommend it,
but you'll need to supplement it with something like Holladay's lexicon
(which I use
constantly) for straight reading.

Dave Washburn