b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] birth rate in Captivity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Doug Belot" <dbelot AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] birth rate in Captivity
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 07:24:45 +1000

I wonder please could you give me a explanation on the 430 year period that
Israel spent in Egypt , it seems that only two or three generations were born
in Egypt , even tho the Israelites were considered proplific breeders and
went from 70 to 600000 ,

Examples are Levi and son Kohath go into captivity , Amran is born to Kohath
and then Moses is born to Amram there Num 3:17, and Moses leads Israel out
, after 430 years .

Levi much the same , Levi has Perez , Perez has Hezron , Num 1:7, then come
captivity , Hezron has Ram in Egypt , Ram has Amminadab , Amminadab has
Nahson , who leads Judah out , so only Ram and Amminadab and Nasho , three
generations are born in 430 years , is this meant to tell us that a
generation is 100 years or is there another reason why semingly birth rate
has declined , Gen 11:11-25 saw births at approx 30 years , why did they
lengthen to 100 approx in capivity

doug belot