b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] names and puns (Jim & Dave)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] names and puns (Jim & Dave)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 11:45:16 -0600

On 11 Oct 2008 at 11:12, Gabe Eisenstein wrote:

> Jim Stinehart
> Dave Washburn
>
> I'm amazed at some of the implausible arguments Dave uses to refute
> Jim's implausible argument, especially his denial of the punning on
> names in Genesis.

I'll tell you the same thing I told Jim: if you're going to cite me, please
do it accurately. I
made no such denial. I referred specifically to the supposed puns that he
was trying to
push.

I don't mind being refuted, but I have a big problem with being
misrepresented.

Dave Washburn
"I'll hold the nail. And when I nod my head, you hit it with the hammer."