b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 12:7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <pporta AT oham.net>
  • To: <pporta AT oham.net>, "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 12:7
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 07:44:51 +0200

In Ecc 12:7 the RWX is described as "acting". RWX returns to God. And God gave RWX to the human being.
Is it right to deduce from this that RWX is something that really exists?
Or this statement is nothing else than a mere symbolic way to depict the fact of death: at a given moment God gave life to the human being and at a given moment this life vanishes, desappears, ceases from being?

REMARK: By no means I intend to start a discussion about the (autonomous) existence of the/a "soul". I merely ask what does the verse 7 really say.

Pere Porta
Barcelona (Spain)