b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hyksos, Revisionism, and the Pharaoh of the Exodus

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Brian Roberts" <formoria AT carolina.rr.com>
  • To: "'K Randolph'" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hyksos, Revisionism, and the Pharaoh of the Exodus
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:23:20 -0500

Karl;

So how would your chronology solve the problem of the early dating of the
Hyksos expulsion ca 1525 BCE, as compared to the much later appearance of
"Israel" in the Merneptah Stela (after 1300 BCE) in Canaan? I guess what I'm
asking is, does your chronology take the same route as Rohl's in the sense
that it removes a 300 or so year gap from the Egyptian chronologies?
Further, what do you do with Thera, dated via C-14 to 1627-1620 BCE?

Best,

R. Brian Roberts
Amateur Researcher in Biblical Archaeology