b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] chalal - perforate/pierce?/KRH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] chalal - perforate/pierce?/KRH
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:25:25 -0400

Of course, nothing is an accident of nature

Shoshanna

Yigal,

You are right. I would not play such games with the Phoenicians; with
them I would limit myself to shesh-besh. Do you think it is a mere
accident of nature that the square Hebrew letters he and xet are
nearly identical?

Isaac Fried, Boston University