b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] New or Renwed - END OF THREAD

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] New or Renwed - END OF THREAD
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:48:49 +0100

On 15/04/2007 06:17, Yigal Levin wrote:
Dear All,

This thread, and its various sub-threads, has become much more theological than linguistic. Sometimes our understanding of the language of the Tanakh effects or is effected by our religious beliefs, but I think that our positions are now clear, and any continuation of this discussion is outside the limits of this list. This thread is hereby CLOSED.

Yigal Levin
co-moderator

Yigal, perhaps I should congratulate you on your appointment as co-moderator. But I am surprised that there has been no announcement of this from the existing moderators to confirm that you indeed have authority to close threads and perform other moderation actions.

And it does seem a bit strange that at one moment you are presenting your own viewpoint on this issue and then only two days later are using your previously unknown moderator's authority to close down further discussion.

Nevertheless, I agree that moderation action is needed in the current situation.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org