b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] New or Renwed - END OF THREAD

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] New or Renwed - END OF THREAD
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:11:19 +0300

On 4/16/07, Peter Kirk wrote:

Yigal, perhaps I should congratulate you on your appointment as
co-moderator. But I am surprised that there has been no announcement of
this from the existing moderators to confirm that you indeed have
authority to close threads and perform other moderation actions.

Anyone can see the list of moderators by clicking the b-hebrew webpage
at the bottom of any b-hebrew mail and scrolling down to the bottom. This
will show that Yigal is indeed a moderator.

There was no announcement of this but there was also no announcement
of Bryan Rocine's retirement. On biblical-studies there also seemed to be
some moderator changes a while back and I remember an announcement
only in one case out of apparently three. Perhaps a moderator who leaves
likes his privacy and a moderator who joins may want to slowly get into
the water rather than jump in with a big announcement.

Yitzhak Sapir