b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Deconstructionism

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Deconstructionism
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:11:10 -0500

Dear David,
Dear Harold,

HH: It was not me who addressed you about this topic. It was Yitzhak Sapir, as you can see by looking at the name at the bottom of this post. But I am sorry for thinking you were a Christian.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard
I presume from this that you wish to discontinue the discourse on this topic and respect your request and bear no ill will for asking or anything else that was said. To clarify, I am NOT Christian and my comments about emunah and believers/nonbelievers were all general. I did not target you in my discussions but ideas in general. Further, the Boman text has many other anti-Torah problems I annotated throughout the work myself. I didn't think I would have to say this but I cite Freud, Jung, Vygotsky, Derrida, and many other divergent theorists on a whole host of topics but that ought never be taken as my endoresement of them or allegiance to their views or anything beyond what I said in the context in which they were quoted. It leads to the misunderstanding of my personal beliefs and what theories I agree with as in this case. I have been known to quote haSatan (taken from Scriptures) from time to time, too.
Best regards,
David Fenton
Gal. 27-29: For as many as have had a tevilah into Moshiach have clothed yourselves with Moshiach. There is not Yehudi nor Yevani (Greek), there is not eved (servant) nor ben chorin (freedman), there is not zachar (male) nor nekevah (female), for you are all echad in Moshiach Yehoshua/Yeshua. And, if you belong to Moshiach (YESHAYAH 53:10), then you are of the ZERAH of Avraham Avinu, you are yoreshim (heirs) according to the havtachah (promise). -----Original Message-----