b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Deconstructionism

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Kevin Riley" <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>, "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Deconstructionism
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:15:10 -0700

Dear Kevin, Yitzhak,

Inerrancy is a presupposition that to fundamentalists/Biblicists is an
automatic assumption when dealing with the text of the Bible whether it be
the Tanakh or the NT. Should there be any errors, then it will be because of
scribal/textual transmission errors. Inerrancy is ONLY for the ORIGINAL
manuscripts, it does NOT apply to the copies. I look at it from this
approach which also involves "Hermeneutics: The Art and Science of
Interpretation."

BTW, this is an item that is not allowed to be discussed on the list since
it does involve presuppositions that can cause the opposing sides to heights
of disrespect toward one another. This will be all that I say on the topic
because of list restraints; otherwise, discussion will have to off-list.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III