b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Time

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yonah Mishael" <yonahmishael AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Time
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:46:11 -0500

Is this consistent across the board? Or are you saying that this is
the case in a specific passage? It would seem to me that καιρός KAIROS
would make better sense for זמן ZMN. I wonder if some
passages/translators use καιρός KAIROS while others use χρόνος CRONOS.
Maybe the latter is used more in terms of "times" as in "seasons." I
don't know. This would be something interesting to investigate, but
I'm sure the works already been done. ;)

Regards,
Yonah