b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] derivation of torah and **h nouns

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yonah Mishael" <yonahmishael AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] derivation of torah and **h nouns
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:30:20 -0500

Why do you keep saying the "orthodox" hypothesis. I do not think there
is an "orthodox" and "heterodox" position on this. There is simply
"correct" and "incorrect." And we all have guesses at which side we
happen to be on. It just seems that the entire range of Hebrew
scholarships disagrees with your assertion. I prefer to go with the
majority on this, which in my eyes seems to be "correct."

Best wishes,
Yonah