b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] derivation of torah and **h nouns

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Vadim Cherny" <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>
  • To: "Yonah Mishael" <yonahmishael AT gmail.com>, "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] derivation of torah and **h nouns
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:10:14 +0300

There are plenty of Hebrew words of **ah form. Only a tiny subset of them,
to*ah, could be theoretically attributed to i*h roots. Thus, the orthodox
hypothesis doesn't pass the Occam's because it assumes different derivation
for to*ah and other **ah words. I suggest a common derivation for all **ah
words: **+suffix of result h.

Vadim Cherny