b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] help with Ezekiel 32:21

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] help with Ezekiel 32:21
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:18:07 +0000

@Yitzhak:

Thanks alot I appreciate it, the only problem I have is that the apparatus of
BHS says many manuscripts have 'ayil' here as opposed to 'el. And it seems
to me that 'el going into 'eley is not impossible but pretty rare if in the
Hebrew bible. I have not found one other example of 'el going into plural
construct, but that is not to say it is impossible and I have not checked
other outside sources but it seems that 'ayil would be the better rendering.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net

From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>