b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Deut 33:3 - a meaningful translation needed??

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bruce Prince" <bruceprince AT bigpond.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Deut 33:3 - a meaningful translation needed??
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 05:01:16 -0700

Your use of 'am in this instance appears to apply to people generally,
whereas I believe the word is more relevant to a collective group of people
such as a community, tribe, nation. In fact, this is the way it is
interpreted in the many instances it is used throughout Scripture.

Bruce Prince
New kid on the block
Australia