b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Gen 1:16 Tifha

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Chris and Nel" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Gen 1:16 Tifha
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 19:31:51 +0100

Hi Kelton, you said:
------------------------
I always took the tifha marker to act like a comma instead of making something repeat itself twice. I would take the "ve`et hacocaviym' as a third object of the verb `asah.

1. Please could you tell me why there is no maqqef joining the et and the final word? This all seems irrelevant because in one sense the meaning is still one of clarity. I am simply trying to understand the masoretes' descisions here to put this in or leave that out etc etc.

thankyou,

Chris
Ireland.