b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms and Sedarim

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms and Sedarim
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 01:56:50 -0500

Ok, I found another befuddling passage in Isaiah that's just like the other one I just mentioned.

Isa 47:15 Thus shall they be unto thee with whom thou hast laboured, even thy merchants, from thy youth: they shall wander every one to his quarter; none shall save thee.
<S> LINE BREAK
Isa 48:1 Hear ye this, O house of Jacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the name of the LORD, and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness.
SEDARIM BREAK
Isa 48:2 For they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; The LORD of hosts is his name.
<S> LINE BREAK
Isa 48:3 I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I showed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass.

Once again the Sedarim break is in the middle os a thought. And the break doesn't line up with either the <S> line break the verse before, nor after.

Very weird

B"H
John Steven