b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Issues with replying to messages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Issues with replying to messages
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 22:05:58 +0100

On 09/06/2006 21:22, Brak wrote:
Hello,

I think it would be helpful and great if a setting is changed in this mailing list.

When you receive a message and want to reply to it it puts the author's address as the "TO" instead of the mailing list's address.
So when you click "reply" you have to go and manually change address to the mailing list's address.

I notice some people click "reply all" which places both the author's address and the mailing list's address. This is annoying as if you were the author you are receiving the same email twice.

Other mailing list to which I am on provide a "reply-to" address. So when a person clicks "reply" it puts the mailing list's address, not the original author's, as the "TO".

I hope the moderators have the option to make this adjustment, as it would make things easier for everyone - and it is the standard way that mailing lists work.

Brak, I think I agree with you, although a change after 10 years would confuse long term members. But there is an user settable option, which I have set and you might like to, such that you do not receive a copy from the list of messages also copied to you.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org