b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] New Subscriber

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] New Subscriber
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:47:34 -0500

Dear Joel Stucki:

The reason we use the transliterations is because
of this variety in the email clients.

For example, the one I am using at the moment
can receive Hebrew fine, and forward received
Hebrew, but if I try to initiate Hebrew, all others
get is gibberish. For some on this list, their mail
clients can neither receive nor send Hebrew.
Therefore, if Hebrew is sent, it is recommended
that both Hebrew and its transliteration be sent.

Karl W. Randolph.