b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] New Subscriber

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joel Stucki" <joel AT stucki.ws>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] New Subscriber
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:35:16 -0700

Hello all.
I am new to this list but I have been reading some of the archives. I
was unaware such a interesting discussion place existed. I look
forward to interacting with you. I have noticed there seems to be a
transliteration standard that many posters are using in all caps. Can
anyone point me to a reference as to how this is done? Obviously, most
of it is intuitive but it throws me a bit over aleph vs ayin, vav vs
bet, chet, caph, kofe, etc.

I also noticed a few unsuccessful posts of Hebrew. Please indulge me
while I satisfy my curiousity about how Hebrew comes across in the
mailing list when I try it from Gmail. :)

Best regards,
Joel Stucki

Hebrew
אני לדודי ודודי לי