b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Larry Baden" <llbaden AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • Cc: 'B-Hebrew' <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:41:45 -0500

Steve,

I am going to respond this one time, and then drop it, because I don't think
the question I raised is within the purview of this list.

You are correct that there are names and ages in the list in Genesis 5.
However, in most other generational lists in the OT, there are no ages.
Further, if one takes the various generational lists through the OT and puts
them parallel, it becomes evident that they are not as straightforward as
you claim. It's a situation much like the country song, "I'm My Own
Grandpaw."

Larry Baden
St. Louis, MO 63119

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather the wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast
and endless sea"

~ Antoine de Saint Exupery