b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Larry Baden'" <llbaden AT sbcglobal.net>
  • Cc: 'B-Hebrew' <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:08:43 -0400

[Steve Miller] The Bible record does not give you the option which you
describe.
Gen 5:3 And Adam lived a hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his
likeness, after his image, and called his name Seth.
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years;
and he begot sons and daughters.
5 And all the days of Adam that he lived were nine hundred and thirty
years; and he died.
6 ΒΆ And Seth lived a hundred and five years, and begot Enosh. .....

Where is the ambiguity for skipped generations?

> After all that, I have to say that I don't understand the fuss about the
> age
> of the earth. Seems to me like it's pretty badly missing the point of the
> Bible.
[Steve Miller] While it is not important how old the earth is, I believe it
is a very important fact that every word of the Bible is true.
-Steve Miller
Detroit