b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] New Student

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ken Penner" <ken.penner AT acadiau.ca>
  • To: <calcutt AT 3web.net>, "BHebrew Email List" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] New Student
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:55:24 -0400

For grammars, check Tyler Williams' reviews at
http://biblical-studies.ca/hebrew/intro_hebrew.html
Lambdin is a classic; in my experience, it is the introductory Hebrew grammar
most cited by advanced Hebraists.

For software, I must point out Flash! Pro XP, software for building
vocabulary.
http://s91279732.onlinehome.us/flash
Although it is not yet keyed specifically to Lambdin's textbook (only card
bundles for Seow's chapters have been developed) includes all the words in
the Hebrew Bible, so you can build your own vocabulary lists.

Ken Penner
Acadia/Greek&Hebrew
Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic vocabulary memorization software: