b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Lexicon Recommendations

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Karyn Traphagen <karyn AT birchbarkstudio.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Lexicon Recommendations
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:46:52 -0500

On Dec 10, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Herman Meester wrote:

I would not buy BibleWorks, before I'd know you can run it on Mac,
Linux, BSD or Unix too. I agree with Dave, Köhler/Baumg. is too big to
carry around. But if you want to carry an MT and a dictionary around
with you for casual reading, I'd get myself a bilingual one like the
JPS Hebr/Engl., unless this makes you lazy ;)

I have a Mac and I use Accordance as my Bible software. I have the KB module and it is very easy to use. I can just triple click on any Hebrew word in my BHS text and it takes me to the citation for me to read in its entirety. I can also search KB by Hebrew or Aramaic entry or content; English title, gloss, or content; I can even search for scripture references cited or for transliterations. Very helpful.

Karyn Traphagen
Westminster Theological Seminary
Philadelphia