b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Leviral marriage

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: "Kevin Riley" <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>, "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Leviral marriage
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:29:15 +0100

The whole point of unifying two bodies was for the procreation of
the human race 'Go forth and multiply.'. If it can be demonstrated
that same-sex marriage can produce offspring I may entertain the
suggestion. But until then I will treat it as on the same lines as
suggesting that 'inter species marriage' is OK as well. i.e. that it
is fine for a man to have sex with his dog.