b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ayin and Ghayin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ayin and Ghayin
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:50:10 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>

> The difference between my evidence and your evidence
> is that your evidence requires accepting your beliefs. My
> evidence is hard facts.

Where are your cold, hard facts that prove that Torah was
not written by Moses in about the 15th century BC? What
documentation do you have?

In other words, what evidence can you present that your
disagreement with me is not based on purely theological
beliefs, that your theology differs from mine?

As for Ugaritic, every history I have read on it says that it
was written from 14th to 12th centuries BC, except those
who follow a revised historical scheme that dates certain
Egyptian pharaohs two centuries later, hence Ugaritic too
was written two centuries later according to its internal
dates. What hard evidence can you present that Ugaritic
predates Torah? I mean hard evidence, not mere beliefs.

So far, all I have seen from you are theological claims,
where I need to accept your theological beliefs in order
to see "evidence" your way.

Karl W. Randolph.

> Yitzhak Sapir

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com