b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 25:17

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 25:17
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:42:12 -0400

Hi Mark,

I like your reading, and for the little it's worth, it has occurred to me before. The meaning you suggest is evident in Psa 4:2

'elohey cidqi baccar hirxabta li

and perhaps Isa 51:1-2

Shalom,
Bryan

Mark Eddy wrote:

It appears to me that the Hebrew is using antonyms. ZaROTH are "tight spots"
or something narrow. While the Hebrew root RCHB refers to something wide. So
the Psalmist seems to be saying that what appear to be troubles actually
widen my experience, as I learn to get through them. I can do this when God
answers the prayer of the last half of the verse and leads me out of
MZUQOTHaY, my distress.

Why can I not find any author who understands the text this way?

--
B. M. Rocine
Living Word Chruch