b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] gutturals and composite shewa

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] gutturals and composite shewa
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:54:32 +0000

@Dave:

So what is there take on the ketive/qere element in the pronouciation of
Jehovah?

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net

To: peterkirk AT qaya.org
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:11:14 -0400
From: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Cognate languages - limitations

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:50:03 +0100 Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
writes:
> On 06/09/2005 12:09, Read, James C wrote:
>
> Thank you, James. I have learned to ignore George's side swipes at
> me.
> He is quite capable of joining me in a lengthy debate when he
> chooses
> to. And his accusation of "baloney" is now withdrawn because you
> have
> met his condition "Unless James Read can supply something other than
>
> nebulous claims that this has occurred in his case".
> --
> Peter Kirk
> peter AT qaya.org (personal)
> peterkirk AT qaya.org (work)
> http://www.qaya.org/
________________

Peter,

James has provided absolutely nothing so my judgment that his claim is
"baloney" still stands.

The two of us have met one another electronically for a number of years.
I think you know where I stand and I know where you stand. I will on
ocassion enter into the fray of an extended "conversation", but I prefer
to make my points and move on. I do have other things to do other than
to sit at my keyboard answering e-mail all day. Some will never change
their minds even though you hit them upside the head with facts so it is
best to state one's position an drop the matter. While we have
frequently been in disagreement, I trust that in many respects we are
united. My remarks regarding your persistence in argument were not
particularly meant as a swipe at you but were simply an acknowledgement
of the fact that you are like a dog with a bone who will not let go.

george
gfsomsel